What is a cookie?
Cookies are usually small text files stored at the terminal from the web site visited and are used to register certain interactions of navigation in a Web site by storing data that may be updated and retrieved. These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that are not harmful to your computer equipment.
They are used to remember user preferences, such as the selected language, access data or customization of the page. Cookies may also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, from which Web page you accessed, or if you used an advertising “banner” to get there.
Which use do we give to different types of cookie?
Session Cookies: Session cookies are those that last as long as the user is browsing the website and are deleted at the end.
Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored in the user terminal for a longer time, thus facilitating control of the preferences chosen without having to repeat certain parameters each time you visit the website.
Own cookies: These are cookies created by this website and that only can be read by the site itself. For example: Technical cookies for uploading images, cookies for customization of parameters of the web, cookies for traffic analysis, etc.
Third Party Cookies: These are cookies created by third parties that we use for different services (eg analysis of the website or advertising.)
According to their purpose:
Technical cookies: Technical cookies are those essential and strictly necessary for the proper running of a Web portal and the use of the different options and services offered. For example, those serving for maintenance of the session, management of response time, performance or validation of options, use of security elements, sharing content with social networks, etc.
Cookies for customization: These cookies allow the user to specify or customize some features of the general settings of the Web page. For example, setting the language, local setting or type of browser.
Analytical Cookies: Analytical cookies are used by our web portal to develop profiles of navigation and to know the preferences of users thereof in order to improve the supply of products and services. For example, by using an analytical cookie the geographical areas of major interest for a user would be controlled, which is the product of more acceptance, etc.
Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies allow management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, the frequency of access, the edited content, etc. These cookies allow through advertising management to store information on behavior by observing habits, studying the access and forming a profile of user preferences, i order to provide advertising related to the interests of user’s profile.
Which cookies do we use on our website?
- Email newsletter related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Form related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preference cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third party cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell services it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and service costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this Website that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, will set cookies through our Website which may be used to enhance your profile on their Website or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
How can I change the cookie settings?
These browsers are submitted to upgrades or modifications, so we can not guarantee that fully fit the version of your browser. You might also use another browser that is not referred to in these links such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these imbalances, you may have access directly from your browser options, which is usually found in the Options menu, in the section “Privacy”. (Please refer to your browser help for further information.)